Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Pendleton - it grows on you

Today I piled my complete stash of Pendleton selveges on a bed, arranged somewhat by color, so I can more easily mix and match. I've been making rugs from this pile, using one color of selvege for the whole rug, but I'm getting a little bored with that. With the stash separated in boxes and totes, it was hard to see exactly what I had that would go together. It's much easier now! I made an aqua/teal green mixture today.

I'll be working on these for a while. I'll also be fluffing a 30 lb box of worm selvege, small amounts at a time, in the dryer to remove most of the lint before sewing them together for worm rugs. On the Newcomb, I have yellow Ms and Os crossed in another shade of yellow for baby bibs - a couple newcomers expected in the family soon, and I can always sell the extra.

For the next few days, I'll also be factoring in time to cut and sew a robe for my brother. He designed and made my booth, so it's a trade. I think I'm getting the bigger end of the stick in this one, though!

bigrug1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment