Monday, January 8, 2007

New gallery photos

I added some new rug photos to the rug gallery today, and also some photos into the scarves gallery. I'll be posting more photos as I can.
I painted several warps this last year and hope to paint more. It's time-consuming and mind-consuming. When I'm choosing colors and preparing to paint, I go to the color wheel and to my stock of dyes, then to my visual memories of nature's palette that I'm using for inspiration. The fact that the dyes have a mind of their own and mix and mingle sometimes quite differently than I thought adds to the fun. For this warp, I underdyed the warp chains a deep yellow, then painted on blue, which turned to green when it mixed with the yellow, and red, which I thought was going to turn orange. Well, it did have some orange overtones, but mostly stayed red. This first piece was crossed with yellow, the second with red.
Painted warp runner100_2099.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment