Friday, January 19, 2007

Change

The striped warp I had on the Newcomb just wasn't catching my interest.  A few days of making myself work on it, under protest, so to speak, and I started planning another warp.  The time I get to weave is too short for working on a piece that doesn't have a future.  So, I chained that warp off and laid it aside.  Who knows what it will eventually show up as?  I am now threading a painted warp in yellows and rust browns through the reed and plan to make a cotton blanket out of it.  This will be for me.   I can too easily put off projects for me until "someday."  I'll continue making rugs for my show stock, with time for my blanket woven in. Heh, heh.
The blanket warp is 10/2 cotton, set at 24 epi.  I am threading it in a Rose Path. I'll have to try out wefts, but am thinking I'll use an 8/2 cotton to give it a little more heft.  I will have to make three widths and seam them together, since my loom isn't wide enough for a queen size blanket, and I'm glad it isn't!  My arms get enough stretch throwing the shuttle as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment