Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Molly's closet

I realized I was missing some colors of Pendleton selvege, and thought to look in my loom room closet. There it was - another 30 lbs to add to the pile on the bed, which had been decreasing as more rugs came off the loom.

I'll be putting some worm selvege with the fuzzy selvege in this next batch of rugs, so I started fluffing the worms in the dryer to remove as much lint as possible. It's quite a linty, and lenghthy, operation. I'll have to finish tomorrow. Lovely worms, though - some very nice colors in this shipment.
I also got a couple bibs almost complete. I have to get some velcro for the closures. They're cute and look very serviceable, always a requisite for me.

It's still quite cold outside, but it was toasty inside. I had a nice time winding warp on the Hammett tonight and listening to my friend, Jean Ponzi's, radio show: Earthworms on KDHX. Time just flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment