Saturday, January 26, 2013

Next up - more overshot

I have the placemats off and finished. The napkins are done. I picked the blanket up from the cleaners Thursday and it's finished and ready to go.

I decided on another tea towel warp in overshot, so I wound warp, threaded it through the reed yesterday, through the heddles this morning and took the afternoon off from weaving related tasks to walk, visit with weaving friends (I guess that's weaving related but certainly not a task!), general housekeeping junk, etc. This evening I hope to beam the warp while listening to bluegrass music from KMST.

I have a lunch date tomorrow with an elderly aunt, but who knows, I might get a shuttle thrown, too.

The pattern is Four Square from Bertha Gray Hayes' book "Miniature Overshot Patterns."

It looks a lot like Summer and Winter, but isn't threaded like Summer and Winter or woven like it. It will be interesting to see how this comes out and the differences front to back. It's the top one.






I ordered some 20/2 cotton unmercerized for the tabby. Also ordered some more 8/2 Tencel and will start winding warps for summer dyeing when it gets in.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment