Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back to LOL

That would stand for Land of Living. I've been sick with first a chest congestion and then a bad cold since New Year's Eve and today, (knock on wood, etc) I finally felt somewhat normal. I didn't do a lot, but did not end up on the couch once. Looking forward to an even better day tomorrow.
I did get the remainder of the blanket warp wound into bouts and threaded it through the reed. It's 810 ends, 10/2 cotton. It's a very soft yarn and should make a yummy blanket.




The heddles will have to wait until tomorrow. This is for Ray. I sent a question to him through his parents about what color blanket he would like and he said blue and red. That is what it shall be.
This is a denim/navy blue mix for the warp. I have a couple reds to try out for weft. The design is still in the making on this one.
When my youngest son was little, my step-mother asked what color he would like the crocheted afghan she would make him and he said "Po-Po" and purple it was and he loved it. So, I'm happy to use Ray's color choices.
My oldest grandson, Calvin, likes his blanket, though he didn't get to choose a color. I was making a larger blanket and ran out of weft thread, so he ended up with the two-panel result. It's nice enough and he likes it, sleeps under it every night. Maybe someday I'll make another one for him in "his" colors.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment