Sunday, January 13, 2013

Baby, it's cold out there!

High for today was 21 at my house. Add the thin sheet of ice we got last night and it's good day to stay inside as much as possible. And the coziest place in my house when it's really cold outside is the loom room. Lucky, huh? It's upstairs, for one thing, and with the door closed, the auxiliary heater does a nice job.

I come downstairs for breaks - food, drink, etc., watch the birds flocking to the feeder, check email, and then back to it. And the time has paid off. I wove about 2 yards on Ray's blanket. Two down, eight to go. And it's coming along nicely.





Can't really tell, but the warp is a denim and a navy thread twisted together and the weft, for the most part is lighter blue. It will have a stripe at the bottom and top. The first stripe is already wound on so you can't see it. The stripe is a couple inches of navy, inch of white and another couple inches of navy.

I like it. It's Wall of Troy and that's a nice, rhythmic weave that doesn't require too much thinking.

You may recall that Ray requested a blue and red blanket and you notice there is no red in it. Try as I might, there is no way to mix red and blue and not get purple and the reds I happen to have were making the mix rather pink. This is a reduce-the-stash project and if what I have on the shelf doesn't work, I use something else. So, it's blue. Poetic license.

Time to feed dogs, then get back to the loom room for a few more inches before I call it a night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment