Thursday, January 3, 2013

Flying off the loom

I cut these 10 napkins off the loom today, ran a machine stitch on the ends and washed in hot, dried in hot.




They are now waiting for hemming. I crossed pairs in different colors, but all came out pretty, as well as usable, and I'm now weaving the rest of it off in tea towels.

I should have this warp done sometime this weekend, and I'm thinking ahead to the next project. I think it will be a blanket for my youngest grandson. The older one loves his blanket made by Nai Nai, and the younger will be happy to have one, too, I think. I'll be winding warp for that in the next couple days. I'm thinking Wall of Troy. It's a twill so it makes a nice thick, durable fabric out of 10/2 warp, and since it's twill it has a nice drape.

I'm not feeling any better. It's now progressed to upper respiratory as well as a little chest congestion hanging on. I'm wondering if it's two things, caught back to back. I'm at my job until I hit the wall of tiredness, then come home, rest, weave, rest, weave. Drink tea, water, tea, make and eat soup, read Facebook and email, repeat. I'll be very glad when I start seeing improvement.

My times at the loom are shorter than usual, and I needed something to do that's less energetic, so I cast on another Willow Cowl. It's a free pattern from Ravelry, made with a 100 g. skein of sock yarn (of which I have plenty.) I made one while I was in CA but didn't like the colors for me, so gave it to my youngest son.

If you look the pattern up, and think, "What? Her son" believe me when I say you just have to know him. He's quite the individual.

Here's the one I just started:



My DIL will probably think I'm nuts to cast another one on, after the grouching and agonizingly long hours spent on the first one, but I really do like the way it cascades down on itself, and I have enough socks. We'll see if I get it done this winter.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad .

No comments:

Post a Comment