Thursday, February 22, 2007

Spring-y motivation

It's hard to believe what a few days of warm weather can do to my mood and motivation.  I've been spending some of each day outside.  Today I raked sticks into piles in the yard.  This may sound like an obsessive-compulsive thing, but believe me it's not.  The ice storm damage is in a huge pile waiting to be burned or chipped, but the smaller branches were still on the ground and in some cases, thrust into the ground as deep as a foot.  That's the stuff I raked into piles this morning.  Then it was up to the weaving room for an hour, then back outside to load the lawnmower up and take it to the repair shop for it's getting-ready-to-mow-grass checkup.  That project fought me the whole way, from a flat tire on the trailer to a pinched finger, but it was accompished.  A friend came over after lunch and we pruned the Concord grape vines.  By the looks of them, it had been several years since a pruning, and they look bare but happy now.  Back to the weaving room to work on a rug, with an evening break to load the trailer again, this time with a utility vehicle.  I did get the rug finished after supper!

I have about a yard and  half left to weave on the blanket, and am anxious to get that  finished and off the loom.  The end feed shuttle is  now my favorite friend.  I went back to the standard shuttle for one, yes, only one, bobbin worth of thread this week.  It was quickly clear that the end feed shuttle is much easier to use.  I'm starting to get some speed up on it, too, which is nice.

The current rug warp is light gray stripes with smaller red stripes throughout.  I'm weaving mostly Pendleton worms on it.  Every one of them is beautiful.  I love seeing the design develop as I weave.  I'm sewing worms together in the evening for the next day's rug(s).  Every time I go to the pile of worms and selvege, I see a new combo.  I love this stuff!
We're due for some rain and cooler (not cold) weather this weekend.  That will be fine.  This week, with temps in the low 60s, has been wonderful, but cooler seasonal weather will be nice, too.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment