Friday, February 16, 2007

New shuttle

My new end feed shuttle is in and works well.  I like the weight of it, and it really does feed the yarn at a nice even pace.  I am still learning the rhythm of it, and it will take me a bit to get my speed back up, but I like it.  I'm halfway through my weft thread for the blanket, so I hope I'm at least halfway through the warp, and won't have to order more thread.  The blanket colors are really nice.

I've been rolling out the rugs, too.  I'm ready to put another warp on tomorrow.  I'm averaging about 6 rugs every 8 days.  Not bad for part-time.  I've been weaving worms lately,and as much as I put off starting on them, they are making beautiful rugs.  Once I get into the swing of designing, then sewing them together at the machine, and weaving, it goes pretty quickly.  I'll have to post a photo soon - as soon as we get a nice sunny day with enough warmth to be out with a camera!  It's up to 30 degrees tonight after another few days of zero and below zero wind chill.  30 feels great, even with the wind.

I've also been winding warp for my next painted warp.  It should be warm enough in a couple weeks to paint one.  I'm not sure yet what colors I'll use.  I've been looking through my seed catalogs at flower photos for inspiration - the color gradations in blooms is just amazing - and some of the veggie photos are pretty nice, too.  A set of mixed summer squash caught my eye with it's greens and yellows.  I know this next warp will be interesting and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment