Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Of blankets and rugs

My new 8/2 weft is in and is looking fine in the blanket.  It's showing the painted colors in a nicely toned down way.  I'm enjoying having it to work on.  Today I ordered an end feed shuttle, which is supposed to make weaving on a wider piece much easier, and make the selveges look nicer, too.  It's fairly pricey, so I'm definitely hoping it lives up to its reputation.

I just finished a warp on the rug loom and wound more tonight.  I'll put that on tomorrow, and keep whittling down my pile of Pendleton.  I made a worm runner on the last warp that's really pretty, and I think I'll plan another one into this set of rugs, too.

Yesterday it warmed up to the low 60s and spring didn't seem so far away.  Then it fell to 12 overnight and today barely reached 30 with a wicked north wind.  I carried in more wood, a daily chore when the temps are so low, and kept the wood stove stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment