Monday, March 11, 2013

Sample

I wove a sample of the Swedish Lace to check shrinkage and drape.








I have 15% shrinkage each way, which is about what I had figured. The end width of the piece is still wide enough for my blouse pattern. I'll have to piece the back instead of putting it on the fold, but that's expected.

The drape, as you can see from the second photo, is really nice. That's just held in my hand. It's quite light, and right out of the dryer there are no wrinkles. So, good, good, and good.

The selvedges are a mess. Since this is yardage, though, I'm not going to put a lot of energy into fixes. A floating selvedge would work, but for yardage .... not worth the time and trouble, in my opinion.

I'm using red for the weft in the cloth. Wasn't sure I had enough of the blue. I am measuring weight of weft used, though, for my records. If I had that already, I could weigh the blue and see if I have enough. I'm not courageous enough, though, to chance getting to the last yard and running out.

I think I may have enough on this warp to weave the cloth for the blouse and then cross the last few yards with white to make some curtains for my bathroom. As long as I don't stand next to my bathroom window a lot, I should be okay ;-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: