Friday, March 1, 2013

Decisions on sleep deprived brain - not good idea

This has been a very stressful week at work. I work at a Public Radio station and it's our Spring Fund Drive - early mornings, long hours. It just helps me to at least think about weaving some every day, even if I can't do much of it this week.

So, I have been mulling and muddling around all week with this painted warp:




It's 10/2 mercerized cotton, 716 ends, 12 yd. long. It is just wide enough for a twin blanket, if I weave the entire length, and seam it in thirds. I've made both my grandkids twin blankets already. Not sure they need another. Don't know anyone else with a twin bed.

I toyed with putting a couple threads of solid evenly throughout to widen it. I worked up an overshot pattern that would work with the # of ends, then talked myself out of doing that. Not before I wound 350 ends of solid, though. I thought about alternating painted warp with solid warp in stripes for overshot - even tried this idea out on some left over painted warp. Which means I wound some other threads of solid, tied it onto the overshot pattern I just finished and wove a couple repeats.






Meh. Don't really like it.

So, I have placed the painted warp and the coordinating solid warp, all of it washed and ready to go, back in the bag. Some day I'll find a use for it.

I'm not sure I've learned anything from all this. It was worthwhile to piddle around with the loom and patterns. I'm absolutely no further ahead tonight than I was Monday.

I've decided that now, in my low brain energy state, is good time to knit.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment