Thursday, November 8, 2012

Too much room?

This is what happens when you bring stuff from the States to your daughter and you end up looking at a lot of space in your suitcase for the trip back. This striped sock yarn is SO CHEAP here. It's 5 E for a 100 g ball. Way too cheap to let that pass.

To date, I've bought 10 balls. Seven of them are for friends, but I've only been to 2 of the 14 (I think) Woolworth's in Berlin.




A couple days ago, at the first Woolworth's, I also found 90% wool 10% alpaca bulky on sale for 1 E per 100 g. I bought all they had (only 6 ;-( ) and made my daughter a pair of felted slippers.



This is a free pattern from Ravelry (Drops Slippers). They're a quick knit but I did have to sew a couple darts in the back part to decrease the foot opening. It works, but I'm making another pair and am going to try just running a basting stitch (using the yarn) around the back and drawing it up before felting. We'll see how that goes.

Anyhow, the front fits her foot perfectly and they really have a medieval court look about them.

It's been very gray here, which is about what I expect from November. They are a little further north than I am in Missouri, which means fewer daylight hours. That, with the gray skies, leads to lots of hot drinks and knitting. Good thing the yarn's so cheap.


- Posted using BlogPress from my i

1 comment:

  1. I love good sock yarn that is cheap! Keep shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete