Sunday, November 18, 2012

Back at it

The first thing I did in the loom room upon my return was finish the tea towel warp. Those are now wet finished and on the couch, waiting for me to hand hem. They're really pretty and have a nice weight to them. I much prefer 10//2 cotton to 8/2 cotton for tea towels. Personal preference.

Today I put on the first of the painted scarf warps and wove one scarf.





Photo is a bit funky. This first scarf came out really pretty. I have another one on this warp, and hope to get that done tomorrow. I really like Ms & Os for painted warp. There's enough plain weave areas to give it good strength, enough grouped threads areas to make it drape, and the painted areas show well.

Here's a photo of the warp on the loom, taken from the back of the loom:





I'm still not completely rested from my trip. Each night I go to bed thinking THIS is the night I completely catch up!

I have several commitments in the next couple weeks, but am hoping to grab enough time to get several of these scarf warps woven. The warp is tencel, so the ends will have to be twisted or braided. That's when a narrow warp is a good thing! I'll use tencel for weft as much as I can. If I just can't live with my color options, I have lots of colors in 10/2 cotton.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment