Saturday, March 17, 2007

Break time

My sister is visiting, so I'm taking a break from weaving to do outside projects and visit with her. We hauled in 9 railroad ties yesterday to make a raised bed. Those things are really heavy. We got them off the trailer with the help of a rock breaker bar, but haven't built the bed yet. That's another day - next week.

Then this morning we drove down the road a couple miles and hauled back a trailer load of horse manure. It's still on the trailer, which is unhitched, and covered with a tarp. Good thing to do, to keep the nutrients from washing out of the manure in case of rain, or would you believe, snow? It snowed to beat the band all morning. It's one of those spring snows that won't last long, but the ground is white now.

I have another 4 or 5 tea towels on the Newcomb warp, and I am at the end of the small rug warp on the Hammett. Will have to wind another warp for it. I also have all the ends wound for a painted warp. The first sunny, warm day we have, I'll scour it. Then it will be ready to paint. I still haven't decided on a color way. I haven't had much time to sit and noodle about it. Noodling time is really important for weaving design, I think. I work out most of my design ideas in a "noodling" state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment