Saturday, February 2, 2013

Little side trip

I've been keeping my sister's dog for the last month while she and her husband lolled on the beach in Florida. Bonnie is the dog's name and she's half border collie/half collie. My dog is Maggie, and she's 3/4 border collie/1/4 beagle.




Bonnie, as you can see, is twice as big as Maggie, but that makes no difference. These girls have become such good friends this past month. Maggie is going to be one lonely puppy when Bonnie goes home.

And Bonnie goes home this morning. I'm driving to Cape Girardeau with the two dogs, and Maggie and I will return tomorrow.

I'm making progress on the Foursquare warp. I've made a couple towels crossed in maroon and am working on the second crossed in the dual-toned blue - don't have much left after Ray's blanket, so will use that for tea towels.

Verdict on the Foursquare, at this point, anyhow, is ......... it's okay. I'm not just in love with it, and since overshot and I have this fickle love relationship wherein I ditch the last true love of my heart design and go right into the arms of the next pattern - me saying Foursquare is "okay" is significant. It's the first pattern from Bertha Gray Hayes' book that I'm feeling "meh" about.

Well, I put 12 yards on, and I'll weave that off. It doesn't take that long and people always want tea towels. Besides, I found out years ago - NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!! Other people like different colors/patterns than I do. Things I was sure would never sell in a million years would go to someone who'd been looking for those colors. So, I'll weave it off.

But it does make me wonder. Why don't I like it much? And I think the answer has to do with gardening and flowers.This is very much a block/squares pattern. And I think I just like the ones that look like I'm creating a bouquet of flowers as I weave. Oh well. Good to know. And it doesn't mean I'll never weave another pattern of squares. But I think I'll do flower-y next.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment