Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In the brain room

Instead of spending time weaving last weekend, as was my intent Friday, the onus of my kitchen that drastically needed paint, etc. overcame me and I spent the weekend on that.  Just pain would have been a smallish thing, but the popcorn ceiling finish had to be removed, plus a wallpaper border, and the residue of glue under it.  I spent the whole day Saturday with prep, made 2 trips to Lowes.  It was a hellishly long day.  Sunday I painted.  It's all done now except the trim, and I'll wait a couple days to do the trim.  Right now I'm painting a microwave cabinet that suddenly looked really ghetto in that newly painted kitchen.

So, I didn't even touch the warp chains for my next project, which are lying over the back of the couch, and only stepped foot into the loom room to open windows for upstairs ventilation.  I did, however, spend time in the brain room.  I want to dye several warps this summer, and it always takes me a lot of thought time about what colors to use.  That means visualizing and then picking out dye colors.  I spend about as much time with this planning phase as I do with the painting phase.

So, I may get my new warp partially threaded this week.  I may not.  I'm in the brain room.


No comments:

Post a Comment