Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trying out an app





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Please forgive the crappy photo.  I've spent a good hour learning how to use this new BlogPress app, and I feel like any photo, at this point, is a success.

One of the problems I saw right away with my Ipad2 is the difficulty posting photos.  I got a free photo app for Facebook, but that one wouldn't let me post to my blog.  So, I finally coughed up five bucks for this app, and glory be, it appears to work.  So, future photos will be better, I promise.

The blanket is off the loom.  I wet finished it in the washer and dryer on hot (both of them) to get maximum shrinkage.  The edges, though, were a bit curled here and there, as they will do with a 3/1 twill.  However, also since it's a 3/1 twill, when I ironed an edge, it put a wave in it, because I was flattening down the pillow-y effect, but not over the entire piece, just the edge. 

I took it to the cleaner yesterday for pressing.  I know it may seem odd that I will wait two months to spend $5.00  on an app so I can use a nifty Ipad, which makes photos on my blog so easy,  but right away haul the blanket yardage to the cleaners.  I can't explain it other than to say the thought of hard pressing the entirety of those 3 blanket pieces didn't even rate an argument.  I'll pick those up tomorrow, and hopefully get them sewn together over the weekend sometime.

Here I am at summer's door, with plans to paint the kitchen, at least, this summer.  This is not a simple job.  It has that nasty popcorn finish on it, which has to be wet down with a garden sprayer and then scraped off, carefully.  Last summer's experience with the bathroom wasn't good. (A pox on the person who invented it).  I found a tool on Amazon that is SUPPOSED to make the job a lot easier.  It had only good reviews, so I ordered one.  That will be summer home improvement project one, and there are several on the list.

So, I opted for a tea towel warp for the next weaving project.   See photo above ;-)   I designed using wraps on a piece of mini-blind, and wound my colors accordingly.  I love to weave tea towels, people like to buy them, and they're a reasonable price.   These are plain weave - good to have on the loom when I may have only 30 minutes here and there to weave. 

A new development is I think I broke a tooth on a popcorn kernel last night and have a dental appt. tomorrow.  NOT in the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment