Monday, September 30, 2013

First project on the New Nilus

I have the first project on this new loom. It's rag placemats. Not fancy, quite basic, a good project to use for troubleshooting and.....sorely needed. My son's family has one set of placemats and napkins which I blogged about, but amazingly enough those placemats and napkins get dirty pretty darned quick. Small kids + food = messy. Just the way it is.

I started this post and took this photo a few days ago. Then the new OS for iPad got really hinky with my blog app. So here's a photo in progress:




They're not really this blue - more gray in there.

Today I wove off the last of the planned placemats. Not exactly sure how much warp is left, but not much. I may do something with that, or not. We'll have to see.

Good news is the little loom is performing well, especially for a jack loom and rag weaving. Pretty tight warp and still room for the rag shuttle. Good true beat - no variance left to right on take-up, and I have 9 rag placemats on the cloth beam and not out of room. So, all is good.

My crystal ball says I will be winding warp for napkins very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment