Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Start it all again...

So, I got home from California at night, went to work the next day, took off at noon to go home and turn my water back on and see if I had any frozen/burst pipes from the -14 weather we had while I was gone. Did I say "if?" Ha. After looking under the house I quickly decided my little 5 ft of plastic pipe, a handful of connectors and glue I picked up at Lowe's were going to be of little effect. A call to a plumber, (who couldn't come for 2 days) then a call to my mechanic who found a local guy for me, and I was in business with water that night. Yeah small town networks!

A week later, and I have the Hammett warped and mostly woven off in small rugs. Ready to wind another warp for that one. My goal is a 12 yd warp woven off every week for a while. Also wound 20/2 cotton for tea towels. I'm waiting for my new 15 dent reed to come in before I stick that on on the Newcomb, but that's okay. I have plenty to keep me busy until then.

Plus, it's been colder than the dickens and we have about 10 inches of snow on the ground. I'm on my second big pot of soup since I got back, lots of weaving to keep me busy.

Reading: Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler for a book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment