Saturday, January 9, 2010

Counting the ways

Counting the ways I don't miss winter weather during my sojourn in Southern California. Back home it's supposed to be -5 with wind chill of -14 tonight. Brrrrr.

In my brief time home between trips I did start winding a warp for tea towels, which means I made time to sit down with my chosen colors and a piece of graph paper to work out stripe sizes and color progressions. That's a fun part for me. Sometimes it's a one-cup-of-tea warp and sometimes it takes several sittings to figure it all out, but it ends up done. I like being able to look back at past plans, too. If I particularly like how a stripe pattern turned out, I can substitute colors and duplicate it in a future warp. No reason to re-invent the wheel, you know. I think most weavers have archives of project plans. I have several notebooks.

I'm looking forward to getting back to weaving in February. I do miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment