Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catching up

Weaving has been slow lately, as it usually is after my fall show, for a few weeks of recuperation. I did put on a short warp for a few custom rugs - orders from my show. Thank you, loyal Best of Missouri Market customers. It's always a challenge to match a wallpaper swatch, or sometimes customers will give me paint chips to match. I also put on another tea towel warp. Originally it was in Summer and Winter, but after two tea towels and much experimentation I thought to check the threading (yes, I know, you'd think I'd check that right away!) and I had threaded one block incorrectly all the way across. Interestingly, though, the two tea towels are fine. It's just that I know there's a big threading error, so those go right into my own towel drawer.

Instead of rethreading Summer and Winter on the remainder of the warp, I switched completely and threaded a Rose Path pattern. I haven't done overshot tea towels in a while, and they make wonderful Christmas gifts.

On the rug side, after the custom order warp was off, I section warped 35 yards for rugs. I'll put on several long warps to weave stock for next fall. That's threaded up and ready to go.

After a busy Thanksgiving few days, I had planned for today to be weaving, weaving, weaving. However, I managed to wrench my lower back yesterday morning, planting bulbs, so plans must change. Looks like I'll be dividing my energies between knitting and sewing worms for rugs - which is definitely weaving related, so I'll salvage some of my plans, anyhow. I'm also well bathed in Icy Hot and lying on my Miracle Ball every hour. It's a day to focus on healing and relaxing my back muscles.

And, today is my oldest son's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dylan! I'm so proud of you. (He's also my webmaster.)

No comments:

Post a Comment